Home About Writers Categories Recent Issues Subscribe Contact File Transfer

M King aka Hunter
M. King, aka Hunter owns and operates Problem Solvers investigations and protection service. Problem Solvers opened in May of 2002. M. King is a U.S. Military Veteran/Veteran Security Officer and Private Detective. He is also an experienced martial artist and unarmed combat practitioner in 8 different styles and arts. M. King uses his personal and professional life’s experiences to teach ‘Street Smarts’ classes, investigate client cases and protect his clients. During an investigation case, the client asked, “Why does this team demonstrate such persistence in finding the facts or locating the suspect? This team is like a bunch of hunters!” The client was told that indeed the team does enjoy hunting (wildlife) and that hunting alleged suspects is pretty much the same thing. Thus, the origination of the name Hunter. The title has stuck, and is considered a compliment from a satisfied customer. Hunter can be contacted 24 hours-a-day at (316) 263-2239 or by fax (316) 269-3427.
Private Investigation & Security
2003-05-01 12:22:00
Trying to locate someone?
ANSWER: First I must caution you that this issue has many facets. There are a lot of reasons a person "disappears" or can' t be found: legal (they may be incarcerated or under a witness/victim protection program), mental or physical illness, or they simply do not wish to be found.     Before looking for someone, seriously think about why you want to find them and the possible ramifications of the search and find. Be respectful of the person. Consider the privacy of the person you are trying to find and how it may affect their lives.     There are many ways to go about finding someone. Some methods must be performed by a licensed professional. I'll address a few anyone can do:     Never break the law when you are searching for someone. You may end up paying a stiff penalty if you do. If you know the person’s last mailing address simply mail them a letter with the envelope marked "address correction requested". The post office will return the letter with the last known address written on the back. This works only if they have it on file.    You can use the old, reliable phone book. Most libraries keep old phone books on microfilm. Simply go to the closest library to his last known address and review the old phone books. I've found this to work when I'm working a case involving past resident history.     Another way, which may be risky, is to talk to his last known employer. Be advised that many employers will not answer unless you are a licensed professional. Simply ask the employer for your friend's last known address. They may oblige you.     My final suggestion requires money, but it does work. If you know your friends' hometown or other places he's lived, simply put a small ad in the local newspaper. Example: Anyone knowing the whereabouts of John L. Smith who used to live at 1212 N. Main, The City in 1943, please call 1-800-222-3333. You may receive responses such as, "Why are you looking for him?" or "Are you willing to pay for the information?" Case to Point: We recently solved a case, of a missing person who had been gone for 37 years. This tactic paid off in less than 3 weeks (19 days to be exact), it also cost more than $2000.     You may consider hiring a private investigator. Be prepared to answer specific questions and to spend some money. Also, don't be surprised if a reputable investigator who feels that your reason for looking for this person may be illegal turns you down. Of every 10 missing person cases that I am presented with, I deny 7 or 8.     Overall, use tact and compassion in your search. Good Luck!
The Q & A Times Journal accepts no responsibility for unsolicited manuscripts or photographs.Materials will not be returned unless accompanied by a stamped, self-addressed envelope. Thank you.
Wildcard SSL Certificates